Monday, December 15, 2008

The View From The Other Side

At Watkins Glen there is a waterfall where a path has been cut so that you can walk behind the waterfall (and only get a little wet). It was interesting experience. It's not like being at the foot of the fall where you can feel the vibrations deep in your chest. You hear the rushing of water leaping off the rock above you and you can hear the splash it makes far below. But right in front of you sound seems suspended. And you see the water from a rare perspective, with no impediments to alter the course of its movement. But you can't see much else. The world beyond is blurred at best.
It kind of feels like my journey towards understanding. I feel a bit behind the waterfall. Seeing things from a rare perspective. I hear the before and the after, but I can't quite place it all in time. It all seems suspended. And I know it flows in the context of the real world, but from here the world seems awfully blurry.

No comments: