Thursday, January 8, 2009

Absorb the Impact

So I was looking at this picture of Emily and reflecting a little about the idea of standing. And the thought came to me that sometimes standing means to absorb the impact. Much like standing your ground even though an enormous collision will take place if you do.
And I think that is what I've been feeling a little these past few days. Like how you might feel after you refuse to move out of the way of a train.
I watched the movie Hancock a few weeks ago, and he stood in front of a train and absorbed the impact to save someone's life.
It takes the wind out of you.
And maybe that's what I've been feeling like too. Like all the wind got sucked out of me.
But its ok. Cause I'm still standing in my faith in God. All the rest can get a little shakey. It's ok...God will persuade me of the truth as He always does. But what I won't move out of the way of the train for is always and only Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is well stated in IPeter 1:5-7; 2:6 "...Who are being guarded (garrisoned)by God's power through (your) faith...
and "he who believes in Him (who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him) shall never be disappointed or put to shame."

You are robed with His righteousness, grace and mercy and will continue to stand by God's power.

Prayers with you,
jean