Yesterday I drove home with tears running down my face, and I said to God, "Thank you...for putting people in my life that are a huge blessing to me. And for taking some that aren't out of my life."
Remember the picture on my first post? The wheat and the tare? Well, when I was thinking about that passage and that post, I decided that picture was so meaningful to me that I needed it professionally done. So I e-mailed Rodger and asked him for a favor...a gift actually. I told him about the passage and asked if he would keep his eye out for wheat on his photo jaunts and take a picture that represented the passage. I wanted it to be professional quality because I wanted to blow it up and frame it and put it on my wall.So the next day, I get an e-mail from Rodger with 8 pictures and number 6 was the one I put on my post. It was PERFECT. A beautiful representation of the passage. Notice how there is no way you could tell the difference between the wheat and the tares until they fully develop? But once they do it is very obvious which is which. So I e-mailed him back and told him number 6 was absolutely amazing. He was so glad I picked that one. He had called the photo The Imposter. I thought it was a perfect title picture for my first post.
Well, while I was out in Seattle last week, Rodger calls and says he has something for me. I had no idea what it was, I thought maybe he had picked up a used lens at a yard sale or something. Since my parents were in NJ for a while yesterday and I needed to run by Giant to get a few groceries, I called Rodger and told him I would stop by and say hi for a few minutes. It was the weirdest thing in the grocery store...I literally saw 3 people I knew from Hershey there. One I avoided because I didn't want to answer questions (she didn't see me), another I said hi to warmly but since he's openly admitted he's had a crush on me I thought it best to keep it short, and another was someone I hadn't seen for a couple years and he was obviously only as civil as he needed to be. It stung a bit, and I thought...why is it when people mistreat us that we think there is something wrong with us instead of seeing that they are the ones with the problem? Anyways, I was checking out at the register and all of a sudden I hear this, "Hey, Becky!" behind me. It was Jeannie, Rodger's wife. I was thinking maybe I was running too late to go see them because Rodger had a wedding reception to shoot, but she assured me she would stall Rodger 'till I got there.
I walked out of the grocery store and thought, "This family has blessed me sooo much in the few months that I've known them." It was hard not to compare the light they have brought me to the darkness I get with people from the church.
Anyways, I finally get to Rodger's house. It was so good to see them. And Jeannie came down and asked me if Rodger had given "it" to me yet. I said no, so she went upstairs and came down with what looked like a large piece of paper. She turned it over and there it was. A poster size print of The Imposter. I started to cry of course...and I told them how meaningful it was to me.
Rodger went upstairs and Jeannie asked me if he'd told me about how he got the photo. I shook my head no. She told me that the day I had e-mailed him he drove all around to find wheat but the fields had all been mowed. He was turning the corner of a field and right at the edge was a little patch of wheat the farmer had left. "Rodger of course believes it was left for you,"said Jeannie. Of course Rodger had never mentioned all of that. He just gave me a great big hug.
So its several days since I wrote the beginning of this post. I got the Imposter framed--of course now it's even more meaningful to me...and I'm trying to decide where to put it.
My heart just warms over it all. I remember my post about the weeping cherry and how God said he was going to take care of me. I know that Rodger and Jeannie are two of the people He has placed in my life that are doing that. And all of you who read this blog in one way or another are a part of that as well. I am grateful to you, and God too. I'll tell Him that when He's no longer on time out...but that's another post.

No comments:
Post a Comment