Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Some Daze

Some Daze
photo by bgrace

Some days I wish you'd erase from my mind

The things I've heard, felt and seen.

I'd have no memories, no thoughts that bind

The present untainted, a slate wiped clean.

Some days I wish you'd make it all clear

A key to the cipher; an angel's "do not fear."

I'd be free from confusion, free from duress

Ready to fly, or simply to rest.

But these days I'm becoming more and more sure

The dilemmas you've dealt have no human cure.

You're showing me things I can't seem to know

Taking me places I can't really go

Instead of clearing up all doubt

Of what I'm in, and how to get out

You're waiting

For me

To turn my eyes to You

And ask

Who are You?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, the first thought that came to my mind is to look into the eyes of Jesus. In my reading this morning there was a statement from Oswald Chambers "...God compels us to go where we can not see the way..." and it is at those times we need to look away to Jesus. I also read Amy Carmichael "Whispers of His Power" and the context was Mark 9:7. There are times we are overshadowed by a cloud yet as Amy stated " in the cloud is a Presence and a Voice...and when we listen we hear Him say "It is I---be not afraid."

Hebrews 12:2 Looking away (from all that will distract)to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith (giving the first incentive for our belief) and is also its Finisher (bringing it to maturity and perfection). Amplified Bible

"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"
O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Saviour,
And life more abundant and free.

Refrain
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His Glory and Grace.

Love and prayers,
jean

Carol said...

Becky,

I feel your pain in these words. And in many of them I empathize. I pray each day for more discernment for you and that He will reveal in His time answers to your questions. I do not know what more to say that this - He loves you. Of this I am sure.

And I love you.