Last night I was up till 11 mopping my floors, and I was the last one up and was closing up the house. I picked up a dish towel that had been on the counter to hang on my oven door, and I noticed there was a ladybug on it.It seemed like the same ladybug that had been on some flowers I had discarded earlier in the day. It was kind of sweet. But I threw it out anyway. I was too tired to feel mother naturely. So this morning I took Sam for a walk, mostly because I knew I needed a few minutes alone. So I went up the hill to where the temple is and Sam and I were playing tug of war with a stick. He turned and ran it into the temple.
And I had one of those moments. It was a strong sense that I was to go there. And it was a sense that I have come to identify as from God. So I just stood there and said, "Nope, not going." And clear as day it came back, "Then you'll miss the blessing." And I said, "I don't believe You." And then I thought, so what happens if I actually don't go, if I don't follow this leading? Am I even capable of not going? So my feet start moving toward the temple and I'm saying to myself (outloud), "Why am I doing this? Because this is what I do. I don't even believe anything is going to happen, but I am COMPELLED to go." So I go over to the big stone tablet on the altar in the middle of the temple and I look at the two passages which are on there. As I look at Psalm 67, the first thing I see is that there is a ladybug right on the passage. So I read it and the one line that speaks to me is verse 4, "For thou wilt judge the people righteously."
And I know....
It's a form of an answer.
And I don't know how or when...but that much I do believe.
And for today, it was enough.
I could tell you the other ladybug connections I ran into today...but does it really matter? Either you believe it or you don't....or you just shake your head and wonder.
Thanks for all your words, and your love, and your prayers--which it seems, in His way, God is answering.
B
Painting by Sheryl Gallant
1 comment:
"but I am COMPELLED" Becky as I read that statement it is the conviction and passion that you have walked in this journey. It also is the belief that God our Father is as well "compelled" to love and pursue us on the journey...and your statements
"And I know....
It's a form of an answer.
And I don't know how or when...but that much I do believe.
And for today, it was enough."
is the faith in which you have walked.
Respect, jean
Post a Comment